| Made using only materials listed below |
Is anything in life free AND useful anymore?
I think I'm the only person on planet earth who isn't excited about the constant advertising of websites promising free cosmetics or skincare products. I have enough skin brightening serum, illuminating primer samples, and teeny tiny bottles of moisturizer that have all come from some distribution center of a new up & coming product that nobody has heard of yet.
Though I don't want any shot-sized shampoo, I thought it would be productive to search for something I could actually put a good use to... free art supplies. I figured I would find a lot of options, considering the fact that being a self-reliant amateur artist isn't easy. I assumed some multibillion dollar company would be a little considerate of those of us eating Spaghetti-O's and Ramen on a regular basis.
I searched, and to my surprise, there really weren't any mind blowing offers for anything at all. I scrolled through pages of blue links, and eventually, I found one website advertising free art samples, but there was no option to choose what I wanted. I filled it out anyway, and if I receive anything, I (of course) will be sure to post the details.
In beginning this search, I was desperately hoping to find a canvas from some new foreign company, maybe something that was 100% organic, anything, as long as it was free. I typically find myself spending anywhere from 8-16$ for a 12x12 canvas at the craft store, and then selling my time consuming paintings for roughly 20$. That gives me a maximum of (let's say) 6$ when you consider all materials used. I do have a few options aside from the typical stretched canvas, such as canvas panel (which I don't absolutely love,) and weighted paper. Because I use watercolor pencils, I have to use a very heavy paper so I typically go with Canson watercolor paper, and even with that, I have to be very careful of using sharp pencils on wet paper.
Ultimately, canvas is my best option for any work I plan on distributing. I got lucky enough in my hunt to find a pack of canvases that are highly rated AND low priced, so I will be ordering them immediately. In the mean time, I will be exploring for any art-supply giveaways or anything of that kind of nature to share with all of you
No comments:
Post a Comment